The following list is a general guide to what will be required for your Amaroo excursion. Other specific items, if required, will be negotiated with your school.
Please see the
Teacher's previsit booklet (PDF, 500KB) for more information.
Before your visit
Please complete and return the
Student information send-back form (which replaces our old fax-back sheet) to Amaroo EEC at least one week before your excursion. This helps us to cater for all student needs and to appropriately tailor our program delivery.
- Comfortable clothes and shoes for outdoor activities (Shirts should have collars and sleeves for improved sun protection. Footwear must be closed in, e.g. joggers, not sandals or thongs.)
- Name Tag (masking tape works well!)
- Morning tea and lunch (in an effort to reduce waste, avoid pre-packaged foods if possible—Amaroo encourages litter less lunches)
- Water (refillable water bottle preferred)
- Any required medication
- Raincoat (if rain is likely)
- Parents/caregivers and volunteer helpers are welcome to attend with the visiting class. However, to ensure smooth running of the program, younger siblings should not attend as it is difficult for helpers to carry out their responsibilities as a helper while simultaneously supervising their own child.
- Items of a personal nature may be brought at the students' own risk. Personal ICT devices (e.g. mobile phones, iPods and cameras) are discouraged except where the school gives prior approval or the devices are part of the learning program.
- If insect repellent is brought, please ensure it is roll-on or rub-on only, not aerosol.